Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday 9: Daddy's Back



1) Crazy Sam's dad often traveled for business, and always remembered to bring her the little complimentary soaps or body lotions he got from the hotel. When you travel, do you bring back souvenirs? Send post cards? 
  ~  I definitely send postcards! The last time I travelled anywhere was over ten years ago. Life has changed so much since then. The last trip I went on was Myrtle Beach, probably sometime in the late '90's. I'd love to go traveling if I could. It would be cool to travel Route 66 from Chicago to LA and see all sorts of cool sites, send postcards from each state!

2) When you fly, do you prefer window or aisle? Or doesn't it matter? 
  ~  Must be window seat, must be last row! Woops, that reminds me, I did fly to Houston, Texas for a friends wedding in 2006(?)  THAT was my last trip!

3) According to Askmen.com, Jim Anderson (Robert Young) of Father Knows Best is the best TV dad ever. Who is your favorite TV (or movie) dad?
  ~ Tom Bradford (Dick Van Patton) of Eight Is Enough is my favorite TV/movie dad

4) Sam's father was the family disciplinarian. What about you? Do you consider yourself a rule maker, a rule follower, or a rule breaker?
  ~ A little bit of each!

5) Sam's father was the one who gave her driving lessons. Think back to your first few times behind the wheel. Were you a naturally good driver? 
  ~ I was bit of a nervous driver, but really I believe it was because I was trying something new to me, and I was with my dad, who made me even more nervous if he got angry. I dropped out of high school driver's ed and learned to drive when I was around 25.

6) This week's featured artist, Kenny Loggins, was born in Washington state. Have you ever lived in, or traveled to, any of our northern border states? (For those of you not as well versed in geography as Crazy Sam, that's AK, WA, MT, ND, MN, WI, MI PA, NY, VT, and ME.) 
  ~ I live in a northern border state, Michigan. I've also been to PA with my sister and parents, my dad grew up there

7) As part of the duo Loggins and Messina, Loggins performed the song "House at Pooh Corner." Do you have a favorite character from the Winnie the Pooh books/movies? 
  ~ My favorite is Tigger, I love his energy! Though out of all of them I would probably enjoy hanging out and talking with Pooh, he's so wise!

8) The mercury is going to start rising. How hot is too hot for you? 85º? 95º? Or are you one of those  "the hotter the better" people?
  ~ I definitely don't like hot weather, 85º is a bit too hot -75º is perfection to me

9) To celebrate Father's Day, Sam is giving away her father's favorite candy: LifeSavers. Would you prefer a roll of Wild Cherry, or Butter Rum, or Winter Green or Peppermint? 
  ~ Butter Rum

 Saturday 9

4 comments:

  1. 75 degrees light humidity...perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I answered Dick Van Patten too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The wonderful thing about Tiggers is Tiggers are wonderful things, their heads are made out of rubber, their bottoms are made out of springs ..." Tigger is so energetic he gets his own song!

    I'm so with you on the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to watch 8 is enough. The grass was always greener back then.

    ReplyDelete